Preparing for ministry and vocations in an urban missional context. We are calling community builders to a life of entrepreneurial compassion.
· Our cities need authentic messengers who can present the gospel in context
· While 83% of Canada lives in cities, there is a lack of churches significantly reaching the urban core.
· Very few places for Canadians to receive faith-based training in the cultural realities and support systems of the urban poor.
· Many have a strong identification with social justice causes and need a practical way to wed ministry calling to their experience of church life.
· Social agencies need Christian workers with Kingdom sensibilities (servanthood, advocacy, reconciliation, etc.)
· Churches everywhere need staff and pastors who can better serve the marginalized in their communities.
· Instilling a strong work ethic in students.